Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Sad News

I know my sister posted this news on her blog, but for those that haven't been to hers. (She has most of the info on hers) Very sad news. My best-friend's, who is the sister of my sister's best-friend, mom has been diagnosed with bone cancer. I haven't ever had to watch my mother knowing her time on earth is short but I have lost a daughter without ever getting to see her eys open, so I know Janna is going to go through a very rough time. I hope I can be there for her the whole time. Grief is a very strange thing and anyone going through it has to remember anything you are feeling is normal. One day you may be spitting angry (it doesn't make a difference if you know the Lord as your Saviour as to the stages of grief) for brief moments at a time, or you may get angry when someone mentions the person you are grieving over or a person like that person, or you may cry all day, or you may just want to get up that morning and pretend you are not grieving at all and do something fun, or you just may want to sit and reminisce about that person by looking at pictures, or items of theirs. There are many, many different ways to grieve and none of them are stupid or you should never feel dumb, or horrible, or mean about what you are feeling at that moment. Janna, if you read this, remember I love you dearly and am your friend. Even though I am going through something different by losing my little girl, I still can listen or cry with you.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I just want to add my "Amen" to that.

HotRodHanna said...

Well said.